Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Easy Peasy Roasted Butternut Squash

I don't use the oven much for roasting, but I may be doing it more often now. I made butternut squash the other night and it was a huge hit with my 5yo (not so much my 2yo...yet). It was even made easier by buying the pre-cut organic package from Costco.  Super simple and yummy!  Of course, you can always prepare your squash from scratch, but coming home after a long day at work, I want a wholesome, hearty, and quick dish to make.

A bit of sweet and salty


2 TBSP olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat butternut squash in olive oil, garlic, and salt mixture (I didn't use pepper because of the kids).

Roast for 20-25 minutes until squash is tender and slightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment