Tuesday, April 21, 2015

So much to do, so little time

Ever feel like you're a chicken running around with your head cut off?  I'm sure if you're anything like me, there are more days than you want to admit that you feel this way.  Whatever happened to the organized person I used to be?  The one who would prep work or dinner ahead of time?  The person who would remind others when things are due?  What happened???

 Kids happened.  Haha.  I love my kids, don't get me wrong, but the constant barrage of stepping on toys on the floor, or the cleaning up of spilled milk (like tonight) or the picking up off the ground of newly cut apples without the skin (also tonight) can get to you.  I am forever grateful for my children and for the joy (and tribulations) I receive from them.  There comes a time when things get crazy for whatever reason.  The kids are still the same, but your mind is in a different place.  Maybe it's because of work (yes!) or because of other reasons.

We are so inundated with work schedules, school schedules, life schedules.  We work ourselves to a frenzy and maybe are able to take a little time for ourselves to work out, to recuperate.  That's what I needed tonight. I needed my kids to go to bed so I can get my 30 minutes of workout in (tonight it was Pilates Fix Extreme).  It wasn't my best workout, but it was definitely needed.

How often do you feel this way?  Some thing I just have to let it go for another day.  Remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment