Since I'm doing 21 Day Fix Extreme currently, I'm doing my best to try to follow the nutrition program too. Here is a recipe that was super easy to make. I made it ahead of time for us to have for dinner later in the week. Super yummy. The picture does not do it justice. Just make sure the salsa you use does not have a lot of salt. If it does, bypass the added salt. This was a mistake that I made, but it was still yummy. Enjoy!
2 lbs raw (93%) lean ground turkey
1 Cup all-natural mild salsa (I used medium and it added a nice kick. It was also all I had at the time)
1 Cup cooked quinoa, cooled
2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp sea salt
Ground pepper to taste (optional)
Fresh chopped parsley (for garnish, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine turkey, salsa, quinoa, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well by hand or with a rubber spatula
3. Shape mixture into shape of a loaf and place on ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
4. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until center is no longer pink and meat is cooked through.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
6. Serve garnished w/parsley.
You can also cut the cooked meatloaf into single servings and freeze for future meals. Delicious!